The Walter Mangold Trust Fund is a Charitable Fund which originates from
arrangements made under the Wills of the late Anne Marie and Erwin Herzenberg.
The current Trustee is The CASS
The Fund commemorates the beliefs and achievements of Walter Mangold, the father of Anne Marie Herzenberg. Walter Mangold
devoted a good proportion of his life and energies to the teaching of languages and came to the conclusion that better understanding between peoples of the world and consequently lessening of
conflict, could be achieved by improving linguistic communication between them. The objects of the Fund, though relating to a number of specific issues and outcomes, reflect those underlying
principles and beliefs.
Anne Marie and Erwin Herzenberg set aside the substantial part of their assets to establish the Fund. The foresight and
benefaction of the Herzenberg family will enable the fund to make a worthwhile contribution to the study of languages in Australia and more widely, and contribute to the development of international
understanding between peoples by virtue of the study and dissemination of their languages.
In 2014, the Walter Mangold Trust Fund will provide:
- a round of Study in Australia scholarships for sponsored overseas students particularly from Timor-Leste to undertake
advanced English language study in Australia;
- two advertised grant rounds for 2015 Semester 1 & 2 Study Abroad Scholarships for Australian undergraduate students
- support for a distinguished Visiting Scholar at The University of Melbourne;
- supports for projects at Australian Institute for International Affairs (AIIA Vic).
In 2013, the Walter Mangold Trust Fund:
- provided scholarships for eight students from Timor-Leste to visit Australia and participate in the
Study in Australia program;
- provided Study Abroad Scholarships for Australian undergraduate students to study
designated languages on exchange at overseas universities;
- funded projects at the Australian Institute for International Affairs (Victoria) [AIIA Vic];
- supported a distinguished Visiting Scholar at The University
The Walter Mangold Trust
Fund ABN 22 062 509 346
Tel: +613 8650 5900