About the Fund
The Walter Mangold Trust Fund is a
Charitable Fund which originates from arrangements made under the Wills of the late Anne Marie and Erwin Herzenberg.
The current Trustee is The CASS
The Fund commemorates the beliefs and achievements of Walter Mangold, the father of Anne Marie Herzenberg. Walter Mangold devoted a good proportion of his life and
energies to the teaching of languages and came to the conclusion that better understanding between peoples of the world and consequently lessening of conflict, could be achieved by improving
linguistic communication between them. The objects of the Fund, though relating to a number of specific issues and outcomes, reflect those underlying principles and beliefs.
Anne Marie and Erwin Herzenberg set aside the substantial part of their assets to establish the Fund. The foresight and benefaction of the Herzenberg family will
enable the fund to make a worthwhile contribution to the study of languages in Australia and more widely, contribute to the development of international understanding between peoples by virtue of the
study and dissemination of their languages.
In 2019, the Walter Mangold Trust fund will provide:
- a round of Study in Australia scholarships for sponsored overseas students from Timor-Leste to undertake advanced English language study in Melbourne, Australia;
- two advertised grant rounds of the Walter Mangold Language Scholarship program for Australian tertiary students to study languages overseas in semester
2, 2019; or in semester 1, 2020;
- support for projects at the Australian Institute for International Affairs (AIIA; Vic).
- support for a Visiting Fellow at The University of Melbourne.
In 2018, the Walter Mangold Trust Fund provided:
- a round of Study in Australia scholarships for 10 sponsored overseas students from Timor-Leste to undertake advanced English language study in
- two advertised grant rounds for Walter Mangold Language Scholarships for Australian tertiary students to study languages overseas;
- support for projects at the Australian Institute for International Affairs (AIIA Vic).
The Walter Mangold Trust Fund ABN 22 062 509
Tel: +613 8650 5900