The Walter Mangold Trust Fund is a Charitable Fund which originates from
arrangements made under the Wills of the late Anne Marie and Erwin Herzenberg.
The current Trustee is The CASS Foundation Limited.
The Fund commemorates the beliefs and achievements of Walter Mangold, the father of Anne Marie Herzenberg. Walter Mangold
devoted a good proportion of his life and energies to the teaching of languages and came to the conclusion that better understanding between peoples of the world and consequently lessening of
conflict, could be achieved by improving linguistic communication between them. The objects of the Fund, though relating to a number of specific issues and outcomes, reflect those underlying
principles and beliefs.
Anne Marie and Erwin Herzenberg set aside the substantial part of their assets to
establish the Fund. The foresight and benefaction of the Herzenberg family will enable the fund to make a worthwhile contribution to the study of languages in Australia and more widely, contribute to
the development of international understanding between peoples by virtue of the study and dissemination of their languages.
In 2019, the Walter Mangold Trust fund will provide:
- a round of Study in Australia scholarships for sponsored overseas students
from Timor-Leste to undertake advanced English language study in Melbourne, Australia;
- two advertised grant rounds of the Walter Mangold Language
Scholarship program for Australian tertiary students to study languages overseas in semester 2, 2019; or in semester 1, 2020;
- support for projects at the Australian Institute for International Affairs (AIIA; Vic).
- suport for a Visiting Fellow at The Univewrsity of Melbourne.
In 2018, the Walter Mangold Trust Fund
- a round of Study in Australia scholarships for 10 sponsored overseas students from Timor-Leste to undertake advanced
English language study in Australia;
- two advertised grant rounds for Walter Mangold Language Scholarships for Australian tertiary students to study languages
- support for projects at the Australian Institute for International Affairs (AIIA Vic).
The Walter Mangold
Trust Fund ABN 22 062 509 346
Tel: +613 8650 5900