INFORMATION for Timor-Leste applicants
for 2018 Study English in Australia Scholarships
***APPLICATIONS HAVE NOW CLOSED FOR 2018 scholarships!
ONLINE APPLICATIONS received before 23 February 2018 are now being considered. Late Applications will not be accepted.
Scholarship winners will travel to Melbourne in late June 2018 and enrol in a study program consisting of one (1) week of General English, followed by twenty (20) weeks of intensive
English for Academic Purposes.
To be considered for a scholarship Applicants need to have a reasonable level of English proficiency already as this is a difficult course, taught entirely in English.
1. Who was eligible to apply?
Applications were only accepted from: residents of Timor-Leste who were workers in paid employment
with a company or commercial business; government organisation; NGO; or community organisation.OR full-time tertiary students enrolled in
second year or higher at a university or technical college.
2. When can I apply?
APPLICATIONS HAVE CLOSED
The Application Portal is no longer open!
FOR THE INFORMATION OF CANDIDATES:
3. What costs does the scholarship cover?
The 2018 ‘Study in Australia’ scholarships will cover the costs of:
- the application and related costs to obtain a student Visa for Australia (excluding the cost of your Passport);
- the course tuition fees;
- one return economy air travel fare between Dili and Melbourne;
- basic homestay accommodation at the direction of the Mangold Trust;
- textbook and clothing allowance;
- reasonable living expenses, paid by instalments.
4. The selection process timetable
5 February 2018
Online Applications OPEN
23 February 2018
Online Applications CLOSE
Results emailed to Applicants, either "shortlisted for interview" or "unsuccessful"
Early April 2018
Shortlisted Applicants interviewed in Dili, with an English proficiency test
Shortlisted Applicants informed of the results
The Mangold Trust is considering all the Applications received by the closing date and will select a shortlist of applicants for testing and interviews.
In March 2018, Applicants will be emailed the result of their applications. If you have been shortlisted you will be given details of the English test and interview appointment time
to attend in Dili in early April.
In early April 2018, Applicants on the shortlist will be tested for English proficiency and interviewed in Dili. All shortlisted Applicants will be notified of the results in
5. What happens next, if I’m successful?
If your application is successful, you will be offered a Study in Australia scholarship and you will be required to sign a Scholarship Agreement.
The Fund has made an arrangement with a school, Embassy English in Melbourne, for scholarship recipients to study English for Academic Purposes in a supportive and effective study
If you are offered a scholarship you will be assisted to apply for a place at Embassy English (‘the School’). When you receive a Certificate of Enrolment from the School, you must
then apply for a student Visa for Australia and you may need to attend a medical examination. The Fund will cover the cost of the student Visa application and medical check.
Your course will start in Melbourne in late June 2018.
6. What are the conditions of the scholarship?
The conditions of the scholarship are that you:
- obtain a student Visa;
- must stay in a homestay arranged by the School, or arranged with an organisation approved by the Fund. This will provide a secure residence where meals are provided and you are
encouraged to practise speaking English. The Fund will only pay homestay expenses either to the School or to an approved organisation;
- make satisfactory progress in your studies. The School will provide the Fund with reports on your progress.
7. Cancellation of the scholarship
The Fund reserves the right to withdraw or terminate the scholarship at any time if you:
- engage in serious misconduct which in the opinion of the Fund is inconsistent with the aims of the Fund or in any other way brings the Fund into disrepute; or
- fail to make satisfactory progress in your studies; or
- do not comply with your student Visa conditions.
If the Fund terminates the scholarship, or you return to Timor-Leste without the prior approval of the Fund, any moneys paid in advance to you will have to be refunded to the Fund.
All enquiries: email@example.com
Applications for 2018 Scholarships have now closed.